Tuesday 18 March 2008

The new IB&C is almost upon us... so here's a little competition for you.




One of the best things about being a Stampin'Up demonstrator is that you get to see new stuff first! No-one is allowed to order from the brand new Idea Book & Catalogue until April 1st but I have my copy and so I am just going through everything and trying not to drool on the pages.


There are some lovely new things. There are definitely some sets that I am going to miss (as they havent made it into this catalogue) - notably many of the current Summer Mini Sets and papers are definitely going to be discontinued on the 31st March. At first glance I am excited to see gorgeous new Papers, Ribbons to die for, some lovely new tools and storage solutions and Simply Scrappin packs that in my opinion leave last year's for dead! The new In colour range is just lovely too. And of course there are lots of wonderful new Stamp sets plus the welcome return of some much-loved favourites.


I've posted this particular card though because Big Blooms (in our current Mini Catalogue) is definitely not going to be in the new catty, and neither is the Cool Carribean cardstock nor the Flirty ribbon pack. If you've been eyeing off this stuff, you need to order it before the end of this month, or it's gone gone gone. There are other items (like the grosgrain ribbons for example) that are going up in price, so please contact me for more information if you have your heart set on something. Also refer to the Retired list (see below in the post Friday 22nd February) to see what other sets (apart from whats in the current mini) are definitely no longer going to be available.
So for all you girls out there I am running a little competition. Who would like to get their hands on a brand new catalogue? Plus a $20 voucher to get you started on the new catalogue after April 1st? The competition is open to all subscribers to the blog (to subscribe just enter your details at the "Subscribe" button over on the right), except for SU demonstrators. You also need to be an Australian Resident.
Here's what you need to do. Just post a comment on the blog, and tell me firstly your name and whereabouts you are, and then what items you turn to first when you slap your eyes on a new catalogue. For some, it's the stamps. For others, its the papers, or the wheels, or the ribbons. For me I'd have to say I get even more excited about the accessories than the stamps. Dont get me wrong, I love the stamps. But I cant get enough of all the little bits and pieces that make it all go together. Probably papers are my favourities, closely followed by the ribbons. Wait until you see the ribbons! OMG!

Dont forget you also need to have subscribed to the blog for your entry to be valid. The competition will close at midnight on Thursday 27th March, and the first person to have their name drawn out will win the prize. I will then get your catalogue to you ASAP so that you can get your hands on it!

One more thing:
I still have a few more places available in the Watercolouring class to be held at 10.30am on the 27th March. Please email me to reserve your spot. Classes are held at my home on the Central Coast and I will email you the address at the time of booking. Classes are $10 and all materials are supplied, as well as light refreshments.

To place your order, or to book in to the class on the 27th just email me at higgiz@bigpond.com or call me on 0412 375 552.

Happy stamping guys!



16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
Nerida C, from 2250 ... I am looking forward to seeing the new background stamps (what have they replaced the french script with?) and the wheels (does the carte postal leaves make it to the new catty?), ok and the new ribbons.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
Robyn Little from Erskineville 2043. I go nuts with a new catalogue. I go from start to finish with a fine tooth comb, put post-it strips in different colours for everything I want (fantasy only). Each colour represents stamps still there from previous catalogue, another for wheels, another for new stamps. Will be most interested in the ribbons in thi new catalogue.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
Robyn A from Cooma 2630. I loooove the stamps. Ribbons come in second and I love seeing what new card creations they come up with.
Thanks for the opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda
Courtenay from 2250 I start at the begining and go through from start to finish then do it again and again. This way I don't miss anything.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
Kerrie Crawford 2250..1st I love looking at all the fantastic ideas for card and scrapbooking creations(if ever i get stuck on an idea i go straight to the caddy),2nd i love looking at all the stamps sets,3rd i love looking at all the lovely colour combo's.You know what i love everything.LOL. I have my Diary(catalogue)next to my bed and read it every night.Sooo cant wait to see the new catalogue.kerrie xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda!
Trish from Point Clare.....
I love seeing the ideas for using the stamp sets - so creative :) & of course the card stock, the ribbons, the accessories .....ummm
just about all of it really!!

machelle said...

Hi Linda
Machelle from Emu Plains 2750.How can you decide what to look at first? I end up jumping through, too excited to take my time. Then I go back to the start, armed with post its, and scour(sp) the pages. I will be picking up my copy tomorrow and can't wait to check out the new stamps. The countdown is on!

BLUEJAN5 said...

Hi Linda,Jan Rose Woy Woy 2256. I really enjoyed the crayon resist class. This is only my second catalogue. Am looking forward to getting card ideas and stamps I can use with my scrapbooking, I still read the old one and love everything. Are there new punches?

jobarwick said...

Hi Linda

Cant wait for the new catalogue i have to go through it about a dozen times b4 any of it sinks in. Cant wait to see the new stamp sets especially and also the inks. Guess my wish list will never end. Keep up the great work Linda. Jo Barwick 2250

Anonymous said...

K Carr from 5605 I love all the little accessories Just wish I could order them all I cant wait to see the new ribbon I have heard that their is some skinny ribbon! My hubby hates when I get a new catalogue as yes I read it infront of the TV and in bed too and its always got notes and WISH lists!

Back to New Blinds said...

Hiya Linda,

2250!!! Just can't wait to see the new "In colours" and all the stampin Up new ideas and goodies that are different catelogue!

Hugs Pam

Anonymous said...

i always check out the tools first, is there anything new? i LOVE tools, they always feel like money well spent.

-ruth

Jill Fitz said...

Hi Linda
Jill Fitz from Erina 2250. This year I will be looking at the paper first then the wheels. I have a thing for making boxes at the moment. After that I will go through the catalogue from front to back....so excited to see what's in it this year. A bit sad about a few other sets that I really liked.

Love Jill

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,

Alison from Point Clare. I love everything of course!!:)I guess the stamps probably catch my eye first, and so do the papers, and the ribbons, and the accessories, and the ideas....oh well, guess I'm just hooked like everyone else!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda

Leah B, from 2250.... As you know I am very new to card making and finding it challenging but rewarding to say the least. I am finding myself casing my calender to see who I can make a card for next. I can't wait for the new catalogue to see so many new ideas and products I can get my hands on (much to my husbands dismay). See you in just over a week for my next party. Already have a huge wish list!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello again Linda,
Liz R, from 2250.
Congratulations Linda on acheiving your goal, you deserve the trip!
In regards to the Catalogue, it is the in-colour range that always draws me first. Then I love to explore the stamp sets and the way they are used in the items featured. The punches and ribbons are next, then I move onto the other accessories. Lastly, it is the papers. Before I know it, I have another wishlist!!!!