Sunday 27 April 2008

Something Old, Something New



I love all the new stuff that we have to play with in our new catalogue. But I still like to use a lot of the old and familiar stuff too. So here's a quick card I did up this morning. I was inspired by a card that I saw in our "Impressions" magazine (that's the monthly edition that all the demonstrators receive) - quite often they showcase new techniques or ideas in there.

There was a lovely little card that showed how to use the Round Tab punch to make a larger sized hole (those of you who have been reading my blog for a while will remember that I showed this technique a while ago too)... and as I havent done that for a while, I got that punch out again. But I've made it look new by using one of the New Incolours "Soft Sky" as my base colour, and I've teamed it up with the new "Fall Flowers" double sided paper. The stamps are new too... Baroque Motifs for the focus, and then the new Polka Dot background on the base card. I also used the new Round Scallop punch. I just love having access to these tools.. it just makes it so easy to come up with cards quickly!


Dont forget that I have the Crayon Resist Class at 10.30am on the 8th May. I still have a few places left at this stage. Please feel free to contact me at higgiz@bigpond.com if you have any questions about these products or about Stampin'Up. I love answering your questions, and dealing with my wonderful customers is one of my favourite things about this business.


Enjoy the card! Here's a close up of the cut-out:

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Linda,

I love that card, I think you have inspired me to get out the round tab punch and master that circle cutout with it. I love that the punches are so versatile, and thank you in my head everytime I do a scalloped edge LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea of looking through to the inside of the card.
Love the baroque motifs...too.

yvonne said...

just a gorgeous card Linda!