Saturday 19 July 2008

Going to a party...

.....for one of my oldest and dearest friends. Belinda and I have known each other since we worked in the Customer Service Department of Atari Computers back in the late '80s. (OMG we were such babies!) And today we are heading up to her house in the beautiful lower Blue Mountains to help her celebrate her 40th birthday. I haven't seen her for months now, so I cant wait. She is a very talented scrapbooker (having been published and awarded numerous times) and so of course i HAD to make her a card... a shop-bought card just wouldnt cut it!

Here is the card I made for her:



I used paper from the Spring Break Designer series paper set... I love these colours together. I also used my rub-ons for the word "Celebrate"...it doesn't show up well in the photo though. And I don't currently have any number stamps (I think I might need some!) so I spelled the words instead, but I really like it anyway. The box is made to match and is just the right size to hold the satin ribbon that Im giving her as well a pair of cute earrings that I found for her. I know she'll love it.

Here's the box:





I had lots of fun making these... there's something lovely about matching cards and gifts. Happy Birthday gorgeous girl, have a fabulous day!


Have a great weekend... I'll be back with my launch announcement tomorrow. :-)

Linda H

2 comments:

Carol Dunstan said...

These are beautiful Linda, great colours and I think "Four-O" is much more interesting than numbers!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Linda, have a blast. So nice to celebrate this milestone with your friend. Lovely card and box too. Have been thinking of you lately and wondering how you're all (esp. your Mum and Emma) travelling. Please let me know when you have a momento. Love KimT