Friday 6 February 2009

Mojo Monday on a Friday



Well I created it last night, so technically I should say I did it on Thursday. The ornate design of the patterned paper led me down this track - I quite like the card, but I'm wondering if it's a big too much? It's for the latest Mojo Monday challenge - I am really enjoying these challenges so much. I love the flexibility that a sketch gives you. Here is this week's sketch:



For this one I've used one of my favourite colour combos - Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou and Soft Sky. I am going to miss those colours so much when they retire at the end of March! The patterned paper is from the Spring Silouhettes paper pack. I used the Brocade Basics stamp set to get the Wet Watercolour look (I borrowed the set from my team member, Gemma - thank you so much!) and finished the card with a couple Jumbo Eyelets set with the Crop-A-Dile. The one on the left hand side also has a Rhinestone Brad in the middle. Until I put the brad in I knew the card was missing something - I liked it much better with the Rhinestone Brad. Here's a close up:




Dont forget that you can contact me anytime if you would like to purchase any of these items from me. If you want to see a catalogue, click on the link on the right-hand side of this blog, or contact me at higgiz@bigpond.com for a catalogue to be sent to you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
This card is beautiful!!
I am glad you are enjoying your stamp set. I hope to use mine sometime over the weekend!
Luv Gemma ;-)

KimB said...

HI Linda,

I think the card came out great - ornate but elegant - especially love the scalloped cirle embellishment.

Kim

Angela Sargeant said...

Love it Linda! Those colours are just gorgeous together.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty. Love the wet watercolor look. Thanks for playing! :)