Monday 6 April 2009

Is this the world's Simplest Card??


Possibly!

I've done two different versions for you here. They both use the brand new Upsy Daisy Stamp set, and both cards are simply a piece of A4 vanilla Cardstock, cut in half. No adhesive or layers whatsoever. If you were in need of a quick card, five minutes before you rush out the door, then this is would be it!

I stamped the daisies in Old Olive on the first one, and then stamped the sentiment (from the same set) in Chocalate brown and tied a matching grosgain ribbon around the top. That's it.





The second one is my favourite though. This one uses the "Poppin' Pastels" technique - you stamp the daisies in Versamark ink (clear), and then, using a sponge dauber, you tap the pastels over the top - so that the chalk sticks to the Versamark. Even with the addition of this technique, it would still be a five minute card. It doesnt get much simpler!

Like it? Let me know what you think? Too simple???

7 comments:

Michelle said...

TOOO SIMPLE????!!! You've got to be kidding. There's no such word! This is a great card Linda - I'm desperately waiting for my set - LOVE it! Love your cards. I can see this set being a HUGE seller!

Tara said...

T hese are gorgeous Linda!!!!

Tracy said...

Love both of these Linda, I have this set coming and I think it will be one of my favourites! Gotta love quick cards :)
Hugs
Tracy xx

Amber said...

Beautiful cards, very elegant. I love this set.

KimB said...

HI Linda,

they both look great - I think I lean towards the green one as my favourite. But the subtleness of the pink one is growing on me. I got my Upsy Daisy yesterday but haven't had time to play yet - soon I hope!

Kim

Yvonne said...

I loved your demo of this card today Linda! Definately will be using my forgotten chalks to make plenty more of these once my Upsy daisy arrives :)

Ness said...

Oh WOW! This is a gorgeous card Linda!