Sunday 25 October 2009

Birthday Parties and other stuff





Hey everyone. What a big week it has been for me! This week I held my first ever at-home birthday party for my almost 4-year-old boy. His birthday is actually on Tuesday but we held the party yesterday. I've always chickened out of holding them at home.. party not wanting to have clean up the mess, and partly just because I am not known for my organizational abilities.. I seem to have missed out when someone was handing out those. But even so, I was really pleased with how it went yesterday. I was terrified it would rain, and as you will see from the following photos, the weather certainly played a part. The morning was cloudy, but after lunch the sun came out and it was perfect. This is the first time I have had a backyard that would allow me to do something like this, and I wanted to make the most of it. In the end it was worth all my stressing. Most importantly Ben had a great day.. that's the whole idea after all.









I am certainly not a cake maker and if you had seen me during the construction you would have seen me about to throw it out the window and go buy one! But it came together in the end.

Finally, I thought you would like to see a Christmas card that we made in our last Stamp-A-Stack. It a CASE from my friend and fellow demonstrator Rhonda Stratham.. she is in Branxton if anyone is looking for a demonstrator up that way. I changed it a little but I was really pleased with it, and everyone that was at the last Stamp-A-Stack enjoyed making it too. If you would like to come and make any Christmas Cards with us over the coming weeks check back here for the Class schedule which will go up in the next couple of days. In the meantime, enjoy the card - it's at the top of this post.

Stamps: Winter Post
Cardstock: Kraft, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Other accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, 1&3/8 Circle Punch, Riding Hood Red Striped Grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals, Sponges


This card is proof that you dont need lots of stamps, lots of ink, or lots of cardstock to make cards.... you can do lots with minimal supplies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi linda, the card and ben's birthday party is a testiment to you and your never die determination as well as your wonderful style of organising everything. From one of those mums to another, Well done and keep up the great work.

Nerida said...

The cake turned out great! And you chose the right day for the jumping castle, Sunday's weather was terrible! Looks like the kids had a great time and that's what matters.