Friday 20 July 2012

Finding Inspiration



So often I find other beautiful cards and project online and it inspires me to make something using the same elements. It might be the colours, or the technique or the design. Or sometimes a combination of those.  Today's card was inspired by a beautiful card on found on Julie Day's blog.  I decided to go for a bolder pink and used Rose Red together with Basic Grey and a little white. I love how it came together.

I heat embossed the flowers from the Upsy Daisy set with White embossing powder on the grey background. I used the Big Shot to dry emboss the dotty background.  The ribbon is the delectable Rose Red seam binding ribbon... the seam binding ribbons have been my favourite this year. Behind the ribbon you can see the Ribbon Lace border punch.  Dont forget you can order any of these products at any time... just email me and I can have your order delivered to you anywhere in Australia for a low postage charge.

I am now off to design a couple of Christmas cards for next week's Christmas SAS... please email me if you would like to join us. There are two dates... Tuesday 24th at 7.30pm, and Thursday 26th at 11am. The cost is $15 and you will make 6 Christmas cards (3 each of 2 different designs).  All materials and refreshments are provided.

In the meantime.. enjoy today's card! xx

No comments: