Wednesday 12 February 2014

For something different... MDS Hybrid card


Last month I hosted a team get-together for my downline... we had a fantastic night together sharing stories and ideas, and creating some simple projects.  I decided it would be nice for people to have name cards to write their names on, since so many people in the group had not previously met. I made the above card in MDS... although I had left the middle part blank so that they could write their names. I had several left over when I came home, so rather than waste them I turned them into "Hybrid cards" (i.e. Part MDS, part traditional paper crafting).  I stamped the largest flourish stamp from the "Flowering Flourishes" stamp set in Silver, and then added some basic rhinestones to the flower centres. I thought it looked quite lovely when I was done.

If it all looks a tad familiar that would be because I used similar colours and the same Vintage overlay as the one used in the Header of my blog here. :-)

Now I have some cute little gift cards that I can use for any number of occasions. :-) And I can print them off on my home printer in any number I choose when I need them. Gotta love that!

No comments: