Wednesday 12 November 2014

Video Tutorial By Popular Demand: my Christmas Diorama Card





Here we go guys... last week I showed you my Christmas Diorama Card... and to say it received a LOT of great feedback is actually an understatement.  Thank you so much for the kind words about the project!  I had it rolling around in my head for a while before I sat down to make it, and I'm so glad that it turned out even better than I expected :-)



As promised I have a made a Video Tutorial so that you can create your own. I made these with some of my Stamp Clubs this month... and they loved them too!  The most time-consuming part of the Diorama card is the decorating bit... it really depends on how much work you want to put into the scene at the back of the card.  I'll be showing you a few more samples of Diorama cards in different styles over the next few weeks, so either check back here or if you do the Facebook thing, you may find it easier to "like" my Facebook Business page as all my blog projects and other samples appear there too.  And of course I do pin all my blog projects to Pinterest too, so you can always follow me over there!



In the meantime please check out the Video Tutorial.  I hope you enjoy it, and I'll be back with more for you very soon.



Linda x



4 comments:

Kez said...

Linda thank you so much for your great video tutorial. I have just whisked up a navy and silver version of your diorama card and love it! I was surprised and quickly and easily it all came together. Will include a link to you once I post to my blog, but meanwhile thanks again.

Diane said...

Thank you for the great tutorial. I'm thinking of recycling pictures from other cards for the background or an outdoor picture of the family would be cute. I like your idea to use just a frame of the shiny paper.

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

Thank you so much Kerry and Diane! I think you could do almost anything in the background. Glad you found it useful!
Linda x

Lavender Lady said...

This is beautiful card and the instructions are great. you could also use some glue on the edge and then dip it into glitter to get the glittery border. I do this with a lot of edges as it is easy and cheaper than buying paper and is less fiddly than sticking down a border.