Saturday 28 February 2015

Butterfly Frame with Stampin'Up products





Last week I was having a little clean up in my craft room (yes, I know, shocking!) and I came across this little frame that I had left over from a class I had done some years ago.  And I thought it would make a lovely gift for someone if I tizzied it up with some stamps and paper.

So first I used a piece of "Irresistibly Yours" paper from our latest catalogue as the backing piece. I sponged it with Coastal Cabana and Pool Party ink.  Then I stamped the butterfly stamp with white ink on vellum, and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I used the Big Shot to cut the shape with the matching die from the Butterflies framelits.  I adhered one butterfly in the middle of each frame (popped up on a dimensional) and then used a glue dot to add a "Something Borrowed" embellishment to each one.

(Remember that "Irresistibly Yours" DSP is one of the SAB items... that means it is FREE with an order of $90 or more from any of our catalogues!)

The last thing I did was colour the centre of each embellishment with my Coastal Cabana Blendabilities - the colouring made a real difference to the finished result.

All up this project (and great gift) took around 15 minutes to make. And would be a great gift for almost anyone. I think there are lots of little girls (and big ones too) that love butterflies that would love this!

If you'd like to see more of my creations and what's going on you can visit my Facebook Business page by clicking HERE, or if you'd like to come to a class, click on the Class Schedule tab up above to see what's on!

Here's a close up so you can see the coloured Embellishments better....

No comments: