Friday 3 April 2015

A Gorgeous technique to make you feel clever - Bokeh!



If you've ever wanted to feel like an artist and create beautiful backgrounds then the Bokeh technique is for you!  I've loved playing around with different colours for this awesome technique... and I am loving the results it gives me. And its not only easy.. but its a lot of fun!

I showed you another card with this technique a couple of weeks ago (click HERE to see it) and I received so much positive feedback that I wanted to give it another go. Today my card uses completely different colours, but I still love the soft background that they create.  I've added the butterfly from our Butterfly framelits, cut from a piece of silver foil. There are also a couple of stamps in the background to add to the effect - both are from the matching 'Butterfly Basics' set.  Of course I don't know for sure, but if I was a betting person I would guess that those Butterfly stamps and matching framelits are the top selling combo out of our current Occasions catalogue. Certainly I have sold a LOT of them myself... I wonder if I am right?

If you would like to come along to class this week and learn how to create these great backgrounds then I do still have a couple of spots left in my classes. But I fully expect them to fill, so don't delay... make sure you are booked in by clicking HERE, and letting me know that you'll be joining us :-)

The class schedule is at the top of this page with dates and times for my upcoming classes....


2 comments:

Trudy Miller said...

Beautiful card. What colours did you use?

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

Hi Trudy, Its actually quite a long time since I made this card and so I am trying to remember what colours I used. Definitely Pool Party and Perfect Plum are in there, but not 100% sure about the green. It looks like Old Olive to me, but it might also have been Wild Wasabi. If you use re-inkers, the colours are much more intense. Thanks for commenting