Thursday 29 October 2015

Inspired by Project Life... welcome to this month's GV Achievers Blog Hop



Welcome to another wonderful Blog Hop for the GV achievers! 

This month's Grand Vacation Achiever's blog hop theme is "Inspired by Project Life".  Which could mean anything really!  There are so many ideas out there that you can do with the gorgeous Project Life cards.. you don't have to just stick to actual page layouts. In the past I have shown you cards I made with the kits, as well as tags, mini albums and a bunch of different ideas.




So you might be asking.. why did you make a layout then if you had so many options? And the truth is that tonight I sat down to create something for this theme, and realised that at that moment, nothing would make be happier than just creating another page!  I've been working on an album of things that I am thankful for (kind of like a gratitude journal with pictures), and I decided that this was what I really wanted to do tonight.  We've had a few challenges lately, and just focusing on something that I am grateful for was exactly the therapy I needed.

One thing I LOVE about Project Life is how good it is for recording small everyday moments.  I used to only scrapbook major events or particularly striking photographs.. but with Project Life I enjoy ALL kinds of stories, big and small.  My garden (the subject of today's layout) might be small and not particularly noteworthy... but I enjoyed making this page, and focusing on how happy it makes me to grow delicious herbs and veggies that I can enjoy in my kitchen.

I used the Seasonal Snapshot cards and Accessory kit again. I find this such a versatile kit, and although it was designed with the Holiday season in mind, I've been using it for all kinds of everyday things.  I particularly love the colours and they go so well with outdoor and earthy subjects. I decided to do something I have been busting to try ever since I saw the clever Delys Cram do it... I edged around my PL cards with ink (in this case Black) which I think makes them even more striking. I also like just a touch of glimmer on my pages. And I cant seem to stop using the stripey washi tapes! :-)



I hope you enjoy my page today... please use the list below to click on the next name after mine to see what the other clever girls have created too!  Enjoy the hop!

Here are the names of the other girls taking part this month... lots of inspiration to be found!









7 comments:

Unknown said...

The layout and colors are so inviting. I love it!!!

Angela Westland Australia said...

What a great layout. Angexx

Kylie Bertucci said...

This is such a great page Linda! Love the idea of sponging the edges. Wonderful tip from Delys. Those strawberries are begging me to eat them because I know how much better they would taste then those awful watery shop ones. Nothing like home grown strawberries! The little square look so so adorable. Must use this layout. TFS

BJ Peters said...

Seasonal Snapshot is one of my favorite project life collections!

RedTerrors said...

What a lovely layout!!! Such a wonderful happy project!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Conibaer said...

Your page is great as always! Love it!

Rachel Tessman said...

What an inviting page. And I love the tip for sponging the edges! Will do that in mine now. :)