Sunday 1 November 2015

To You and Yours Stamps from Stampin'Up - Making Shaker Cards





Its the weekend, and so of course once all the "must do's" are done around the house, I do try to find myself some time to create!  After making shaker cards with the To You & Yours Shaker card kit with my classes this past week, we had so much fun I decided to make some shaker cards of my own.

This one is a straightforward shaker... I stamped the large solid stamp from the "To You & Yours" stamp set onto a piece of Pacific Point cardstock, and cut it out with my Ovals framelits. I then made a window with a slightly smaller oval in a piece of white cardstock, and made a glimmer frame with the same two oval shapes, and attached that to the front of my card around the window. I then attached a piece of acetate to the back of the front piece, and added dimensional strips around the oval, on the inside.

I keep those dimensional sheets when I've finished using all the hexagonal dimensionals. Around the outside of the sheets are those edge bits... these are perfect for using on shaker cards!

A tip though... don't take the backing off the dimensional sheets until you have added your sequins/glitter/beads (whatever shaker materials you are adding) so that they don't stick to the dimensional strips!  Once you've added your shaky stuff, THEN take off the backing and then put the original stamped oval onto the now sticky strips. Put it all together and you done it... made yourself a shaker card!

Here's a close up so you can see the sequins I used for the card... it has different shapes in there.  I really like the stars for Christmas cards!

No comments: