Monday 9 November 2015

Welcome to the November Blog Hop with Project Life by Stampin'Up!



Welcome to another blog hop for the MKPLSU design team! (Thats "Memory Keeping with Project Life by Stampin'Up" in case you didn't know!)  Im excited to be part of the hop again this month and this month our theme was "My Favourite Kit"!  Really though, this theme put me in somewhat of a spin because I LOVE THEM ALL!  Picking one is a bit like being asked to pick your favourite child.. well maybe not quite that bad... but it was tricky!

If I was forced to pick just one, it was still a toss up.  Right now I am really loving the "Seasonal Snapshot" card kit and assessory pack, and you might remember I have shown you layouts with that one a few times lately.  In particular I ADORE the crumb cake (Kraft) coloured cards in that kit. But over the past year, the kit I seem to keep going back to is the "Let's get Away" kit... perhaps that is because its so perfect for Holiday photographs and layouts, and I've had a few of those to show off!  I love that the turquoise in the kit (Bermuda Bay) goes so perfectly with pics of the water,  and the other bright colours make the pages "pop".

So as I've been trying to catch up with my Hawaii trip photos, I thought I'd show you a couple of layouts I've been creating of late.

When you are using Project Life cards.. don't feel that you have to use them "as is".. you can alter them to suit or fit your layout.  So on this page I used the Washi Tape in the accessory kit to tape a 3"x4" journalling card to a 4"x4" patterned piece.. it gave me journalling room on a 4"x4" card, whilst still getting some of the pattern design showing at the sides.  And on the right hand side you can see I used the banner that says "Our Travels".. i actually cut that out of another card because the little banner suited my page.  And once again, I wanted the black and white pattern behind on the 4x4 card.


I did the same thing with the "You are here" card.. which was 3"x4" but I wanted to use it so used washi to attach it to my 6"x4" card.



I hope you are enjoying these layouts... don't forget to click on the links below to see the other design team member's creations this month!

I'll be back to show you lots more really soon!

Linda xx

Here are the gorgeous and talented girls in our design team Blog Hop!

Tina Gillespie (Australia)

Janet Wakeland (USA)

Delys Cram (New Zealand)

Julie Kettlewell (UK)

Constanze Wirtz (Germany)

Kate Denyer (UK)

Elizabeth Richards Peterson (USA)

and this month we are privileged and excited to have as our guest designer... 

DENIELLE BERNAUER! (Australia)  You will find Denielle here:  http://craftdivas.blogspot.com.au




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great page. I have to remember to round my corners more often. It looks so nice when you do.

Anonymous said...

Oh Linda, these are just gorgeous. I love how youve changed the look of the cards to suit your photos!