Monday 11 January 2016

Memory Keeping with Project Life by Stampin'Up - January Blog Hop




Hello everyone!  Welcome to the MKPLSU design team monthly Blog Hop!

I'm back from my time away and starting to go through all my photos of my time in the US.  We were so lucky with the weather while we were away! One of my hopes was to see snow and maybe even get up close and personal with it.. and my wishes were granted on both counts!  I arrived on Boxing Day and there had been no snow at that point in Michigan.  On my second day there they announced on the weather channel that there was a "100% chance of snow by 3pm".  Needless to say I was pretty happy about that news!  And sure enough, at about 2.45pm the snow started to fall.

I decided that its pretty to watch, and you can do some really awesome things in it.  But I can also see that it creates a lot of extra work for people that live with it.... I watched Paul use the Snow Blower to clear his parent's driveway, and Im sure the novelty of snow must wear off pretty quickly!

But on New Year's Day I had a surprise when Paul's sister offered to take me out to try Cross Country Skiing. I was moving pretty slowly for my first try, but I would love to do it again one day. It was so awesome to be out in the woods, and part of the Winter Wonderland created by all that snow. Truly, it was a memorable day for me.

So that makes it perfect as a Project Life subject!  I have lots more pages to create with these pictures, but I thought you might like to see the first one that I did.  And for this page I had help too!  My very creative finance Paul helped me with the creation of this page. He cleverly used two colours on the words "Snow Day" to create a shadow effect. I also had him ink around all the cards with black Memento ink to help them stand out. I added a few pieces from the accessory kit to accentuate and balance different elements on the page. And as always... it was a lot of fun to do.

I used the "Memories in the Making" card collection and matching accessory kit. Aren't the colours in these kits just awesome?? And they were perfect for my snowy photos too.

If you have been thinking about getting into Project Life yourself (or already do, and want some tips and ideas) then you might enjoy my next Project Life class which is happening this Tuesday evening at my home in Narara.  Here are the details:

Project Life Holiday Class
Tuesday 12th January @ 7.30pm

This class is for anyone who:

  • wants to find out what Project Life is all about
  • has tried PL before but is after some new tips
  •  and ideas
  • Wants to have time to work on your pages
Come along and learn more about this awesome Memory Keeping system. If you have photos on your phone or computer, lets get them OFF there and into albums to enjoy them.  The class will be $20 and includes use of all my Project Life materials and accessories, plus 2-3 page protectors to get started with. If you already have the items you need you can come along and just crop with us for $10  All materials and light refreshments provided. 


I hope you enjoy the page I have created for you today.  Now I know you want to visit the other blogs  of our talented Design Team, here are their links.... just click through to see them all!

Julie Kettlewell, UK - http://juliesjapes.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/memory-keeping-with-project-life.html
Delys Cram, New Zealand - https://delysc.wordpress.com/2016/01/11/mkplsu-memories-in-the-making
Tina Gillespie, Australia - http://scissorspapercard.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/mkplxsu-blog-share-memories-in-making.html
Constanze Wirtz, Germany - http://conibaer.blogspot.com



No comments: