Thursday 5 January 2017

Lucky Elephant with a Washi Tape Background



Something I learned recently is that Elephants signify good luck in many Asian cultures.  And some say that if the trunk is facing upwards, good luck will shower those that walk by.

Im not really a superstitious person, so Im not sure about all that. But I do know that this elephant caught my attention when we were at Onstage Live back in November..... we got to watch a presentation on different ways to use it. And suddenly I realised I was going to need that stamp!  Isn't that often the way??

Today's card is pretty simple.  The background is created with the Moroccan Washi Tape on a Very Vanilla card base, and I added a bit of stamping in Dapper Denim thanks to the "Touches of Texture" stamp set. I also added just a touch of gold glimmer paper for a bit of bling (bling is necessary, right??) I then stamped the Elephant itself in Basic Gray Achival ink, and then "fussy cut" around him.  I then inked up the blanket on his back with Markers (Dapper Denim and Cajun Craze) stamped it separately and cut that out too before attaching it to the grey elephant with dimensionals. The whole elephant was then popped onto the card also with the dimensionals. The 'Good Luck" sentiment is also from the "Lucky Elephant" set.  You'll find the Lucky Elephant set in our brand new Occasions catalogue on page 29.



Although a simple card, I probably wouldn't do this one at a workshop as there is a bit of fussy cutting required... and I usually avoid a lot of cutting in my workshops (although not with the big shot or punches... those are definitely in!)  But it was still a relatively quick card to make, and not a lot of supplies were required. And i like it :-)

If you like it too I've included a product list below so that you can make your own.  And of course the Online Store is open 24 hours a day... click the "Shop Now" button to purchase your products and have them shipped directly to your door... Enjoy!

Product List

No comments: