Wednesday 11 January 2017

Silver edged Lace Doilies and the NO STAMPING challenge!


On Saturday night I had the pleasure of hosting a "Virtual Slumber Party" with my team on our Facebook Forum.  This was something i've been wanting to do for a while, and I am so glad we did it!  Even though quite a few girls were away, those that were able to attend tell me they had a great time.

So what IS a Virtual Slumber party? Basically its when we run a series of games and challenges on our team discussion site as an event.... we did a couple of challenges during the evening and the card you see here today is my own attempt at one of the challenges. This particular challenge was a "No Stamping" challenge!  Do you know how hard it is to ask a stamper to create a project without stamps??  But I was seriously impressed at the submissions.... there were 3D projects including a bookmark and a box.  My own attempt was this card... and even though there's no stamps, I did use a word from the Sunshine Sayings framelits.  The main feature though for me is the silver edged doilies... I mentioned a couple of days ago that I would show you what I did with them, and here they are :-)  If you would like to see a video of how I embossed them click HERE.



Here's a close up of today's card:



The silver ribbon on this card is a free item in our SAB catalogue... the Metallic Glitter ribbon twin pack.

Enjoy!

No comments: