Friday 6 January 2017

Video Tutorial: Creating a Vintage Look with Embossed Lace Doilies



You might have noticed me using the new Lace Doilies we have in our Occasions Catalogue (on page 51 if you are looking for them).... Im a little bit addicted to them actually!  Im finding that they have a myriad of uses... from sponging and masking, to using them as a background,  to stencilling....Click HERE or HERE to see a couple of examples...



But today I thought I'd like to see how they emboss to create a whole new look for them. And as you can see from the card above.... they look pretty special!  The one you see above has been embossed in gold embossing powder and the result was this beautiful vintage look.  For this card I also used the "Falling in Love" DSP and to complete the vintage feel I used the new Delicate Lace stamps on the panel for the sentiment.  I've posted a full product list below for you.

The video below shows you how.  There's also an extra bonus technique that shows you how to "spot emboss"... I used it to create this fabulous silver effect on the below doily.



Doesn't it look awesome??  I'll post a card showing off this awesome technique in the next couple of days.  To find out how I did it, click the video link below:






Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

No comments: