Monday 24 July 2017

Monday Video Tutorial - Recreating my 2017 Thailand swaps!



If you've been following along for a while, you would know that one of the highlights of the StampinUp Grand Vacations for me is swapping with my fellow demonstrators.  Not only is it fun to create the projects, but its a great way to meet lots of the other demonstrators, and to share that creative experience.  This year I had quite a busy lead up to the trip, so I elected to only do 2 swaps this time... the South Pacific Memories and more swap (which you can check out HERE) and the global card swap with other demonstrators from around the world.

For my global card swaps I was initially stumped for an idea of what to do.  But in the last week or so before the trip it started to come to me and I created the card here:



I loved the colours and was happy with the design, but it still wasn't right somehow.  Then I recreated the same card but in soothing blues and silver, and I knew I would be happy with it this time.  Blue has always been my preferred colour, but it was also my mother's favourite colour, and it seemed right to do  it in colours I knew she would love.  Here was the final version:



Today I made a little video tutorial to show how I made the card. I'ts actually quite simple (although on the blue version I did go to the extra trouble of heat embossing some of the elements).   I hope you'll enjoy this card and make it with me.  I include some little tips on how to adhere the acetate, and how i attach the metallic thread.  Here is the video:



Here I am about to deliver my swaps...


No comments: