Friday 9 February 2018

Simple Scrapbook Layout in neutral tones



Every second month I run a Scrapbooking day in the Hunter Valley at the Taste of the County cafe.  Its an all-day affair, and the attendees get to create 2 simple traditional pages as well as some pocket scrapbooking if they choose. Its flexible and works around their photos... so with that in mind I bring a few extra colours and choices to suit a range of photos.

I try to keep the pages fairly simple as there are often new crafters at these events.  So I often choose neutral bases to start with.  Here I chose a cardstock base of Sahara Sand, which is a wonderful colour that works with lots of palettes.  Currently Sahara Sand is not available as a stand alone 12"x12" paper, but if you keep an eye out in each new catalogue you will often find it in a 12"x12" limited release pack.  Right now however, you can get a "Best of Neutrals" 12"x12" pack, which includes 8 each of these colours: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso and Smoky Slate. I could have easily used the Smoky Slate or even Crumb Cake in this case and it would also have worked well.  I have included this Best of Neutrals pack in the product list below.

I added some of our Petal Passion DSP - which is black and white and therefore again is very versatile.  The addition of a Pear Pizazz mat behind the photos is perfect for any photos that have any green in them.  I find most outdoor shots work with a little green!

I stamped some of the flowers from the Petal Palette bundle and cut them out with the framelits where possible.  These were coloured with Stampin' Blends alcohol markers, once again to suit the photos.  Here i used Calypso Coral light and dark for my flowers.  The green is Old Olive.

The last thing I added is my favourite... I used the awesome new "Celebrate You" thinlit dies to create the words "Amazing You" in silver glimmer and foil.  I love these dies and have been using them everywhere! You'll find them in the current Sale-A-Bration catalogue as they are free with a $180 order!  

I've included a product list below should you wish to purchase any of these products for yourself here in Australia.  Clicking on an item will take you to the Online Store... ordering is easy and you just need your credit card handy.  Items are delivered directly to your door, anywhere in Australia, for a low postage charge.

Enjoy the page..... I'll be back with more soon! (Or if you would like to see updates and new stuff from me even more often please "LIKE" by Facebook Business Page... See you there!

Linda D x



Product List

No comments: