Tuesday 7 August 2018

Snowflakes for Christmas even in Australia



Ok... I do realise that we dont have snowflakes at Christmas time here in Australia.  And in fact in my region we dont have them at any other time either! But they are so pretty.... and Christmas really is the only time I get to use these gorgeous images.  So any excuse right??  Its my card, and I'll use snowflakes if I want to!

This week I have my monthly Stamp-A-Stack, and as always we will be making 6 cards.  At this time of year we make Christmas cards, and so we get through them quickly, I design 2 different cards, and we make 3 of each.  This works well for people, because if they come each month over the 6-month period, they will have 36 Christmas cards to use at the end of the year.

For this reason I keep the cards relatively simple.  The card today is a good example of a simple but effective Christmas card.  I've stamped the background around my main piece with snowflakes from the Snowflake sentiments set, in the same colour as the background cardstock for a subtle look.  I added a few die-cut snowflakes from the matching Swirly Snowflakes framelits to add a little texture.  The main  motif is one of the Stitched Seasons framelits (only available this month) and I've used a few more snowflakes cut from Sparkle glimmer paper to add a little, well SPARKLE.  Obviously!

The sentiment is also from the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set.  I also used Pool Party ink with my sponge daubers to sponge around behind the main motif.  I've made a full product list below should you wish to purchase any of the items to make this card.

And if you'd like to come to class, there are only a couple of spots left!  Here are my dates...

Tuesday 7th August @ 7.30pm
or
Wednesday 8th August @ 11.15am.
Cost is $20, and everything is provided. Plus you'll go home with 6 cards, and a fun experience to remember.  Classes are FUN!

I made this card in two different colours so I could pick which one I preferred for class.  Do you have a preference??



Product List

No comments: