Thursday 20 December 2018

Scrapbook Layout with textured circles




I made this scrapbook layout for a class this month, and I thought you might enjoy it too.  I wanted to scrap some photographs of  my daughter's end of year event last month, and this was one of my favourite photos of the two of us that night.

For the background I again used the Beautiful Blizzard stamp set - I LOVE those grungy stamps that work so well for backgrounds!  But sadly this stamp set is on our retiring list so that means it will be discontinued after the 2nd January (unless sold out prior).  If you are looking for a fabulous background stamp set, you really want to check this one out!  I used the largest grunge stamp with Balmy blue ink, and stamped it full strength and then "stamped-off" to get the different tones.  I also used the smaller grunge stamp with Blueberry Bushel ink, and the small dotty stamp as well.  These are all from the Beautiful Blizzard stamp set.

I cut the "Happy" from the Merry Christmas framelits  - also in our current Holiday catalogue.   This set won't be discontinued, so we'll look forward to seeing it in next year's Annual catalogue out in June 2019.

The circles used the Brushes on Embossing folder technique again.. I've done this before, but I LOVE it with the Curls and Swirls embossing folder!  This folder is one of my favourites, and yes it will be in the next Annual catalogue too.

A quick "how to" on this technique is.... on the inside of your chosen Embossing folder sprinkle a small amount of Brusho.  Then spray liberally with water (I use a spritzer for this) and then place your piece of paper inside.  Then run through the Big Shot.... the result is different every time.  Doesn't it look great??  For the ones here I used the Blue Brusho, with just a little bit of yellow to make a greenish tinge in places.

I also added a few silver foil circles from the Eastern Medallion framelits set.

Here's a closeup:


No comments: