Saturday 30 March 2019

Video Tutorial: Frog Double Easel Card




Today for our Fancy Friday video I wanted to show you how to create this fabulous double easel card - this one featuring the So Hoppy Together stamp set! I have to tell you that I have loved working with these awesome frogs, and I will be quite sorry to say goodbye to them after the 31st March when they are retiring.  Being Sale-A-Bration items means you can only get them until the end of this month... so we literally have 2 days left (so Im using them while I can!!!)

Actually there are a couple of SAB items on this card.  But even if you dont have the frogs, or even the DSP, you can still make this very simple card.  The fact that it works as an easel card makes it extra appealing.... and you will be sure to get lots of compliments on it (regardless of how you decorate it!)

Easel cards have been around for a long while, but I must say that I loved this double easel version because its so simple! The design is certainly not mine... I based my metric version on the imperial version I saw originally posted by Sharon Armstrong in the US.  To see her fabulous tutorial you can click HERE.

Here's a couple of close up photos to give you a closer look.




Here are the Imperial measurements for those interested:
  • Whisper White Thick Cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5 1/2″
  • Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock – 4″ x 10 1/4″, scored at 2 1/2″ and at 5″
  • Black Cardstock - 2 1/4" x 3 3/4"
  • DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″ and 2″ x 3 1/2″
And in Metric:
  • Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 29.7cm x 10.5cm
  • Lemon Lime Twist cardstock - 29.1cm  x 10cm
  • Black Cardstock - 9.5cm x 7cm
  • DSP - 13.5cm x 9.5cm and 9cm x 6.5cm

But of course you want to know how to make it, right?  Click on the video below to check it out... and be sure to let me know what you think!



Linda D

PS I should mention that this video didn't actually get finished with the upload to YouTube until Saturday morning.... so my apologies for that.  My daughter said I should rename this one... instead of "Fancy Friday" it should be called something like "Slightly late Saturday" or something of that nature. I'm not so sure, but I TRIED to get the video finished on time. I did actually record it on Friday... it just didnt end up posted here until now!  Oh well.... that's life sometimes right!?  Thanks for bearing with me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute. Doing tonight for daughter but using chicken. Thx

Kay said...

Love the frog layout. Great designs