Friday 30 August 2019

Inksomniacs Blog Hop! A little Simple Stamping challenge with the Beautiful Friendship stamp set!


Howdy and welcome to our team Blog Hop this month!  You might have just hopped from Courtenay Heuston's blog and her lovely elegant card :) Our theme this time is "Simple Stamping".... and let me tell you, its more of a challenge than it sounds!  The problem is we are all long time stampers and cardmakers.... and we are very used to adding all kinds of embellishments and fluff on our cards.. not to mention using tools of every description!  Stampin'Up has been running a competition for their demonstrators, and each month they have challenged us to do a "simple stamping" card... using only the items they tell us. This month its just "stamps, ink and paper".  Sound easy right??

I noticed quite a few of us in the hop found this challenging! The urge to add MORE is always there... believe me... THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!

So today I've created a couple of little card sets just using "Stamps, Ink and Paper", and despite my discomfort, I really love them!  Maybe I should be doing more "simple stamping" projects!  And the best bit is that if you are new, you will find this a fabulous way to get started with stamping... with just the bare minimum of supplies needed.



The first one I think looks very like a Hydrangea.... which is what I was going for.  I used Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape and Pear Pizazz inks.

And the second one reminds me of a cottage garden:


I used the same 3 inks for that one, plus So Saffron, and Coastal Cabana.   I really love how quickly they came together.



Finally I thought it would be nice to make a little video to show you how simple stamping can look really beautiful.  Click the picture below to watch the video.



Enjoy our blog hop today, and I hope that you will stop by again.  To visit our next blogger, the awesome Sue Allen,  click the NEXT button:


Can't wait to see what Sue has come up with!

5 comments:

Courtenay Heuston said...

I think I need this Stamp set now your cards are beautiful Linda

Sue Allen said...

Lovely cards Linda, I think this set will go on my list x

Sue Allen said...

Lovely cards Linda, I think this set will go on my list x

Melinda Whittington said...

Loved reading your post Linda! Yes, i thought Hydrangea too. So pretty. And that second card, oh my, loooove the colours!

Jo Hooper said...

Love these Linda. How easy is it to make cards with this stamp set.