Sunday 3 November 2019

Video Tutorial: Whitewashing Technique with the Christmas Rose bundle



Hello my friends!  Today's video tutorial features the absolutely beautiful Christmas Rose bundle yet again.  I adore this bundle because its not just for Christmas.... you could use these lovely stamps all year around, and just mix and match with different sentiments.  So when you are looking at it, please remember that you will get a ton of use out of it.... it's versatility goes way beyond the holiday season.

Today I decided to return to one of my favourite techniques.  I've used the whitewashing technique before (click HERE to see another video I made that uses this fabulous technique) but this time I heat embossed my image with Silver embossing powder rather than the gold I had used in the previous video.  And my base cardstock this time is Night of Navy (instead of Crumb Cake).  But the technique is very similar.  Except that after I had whitewashed the image, I decided it looked a little "flat"to me.... so I used a sponge dauber to add some navy highlights.... and it made all the difference!  You'll see exactly what I mean when you watch the video... just click the picture below to see it:


2 comments: