Thursday 20 February 2020

Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop February 2020 - Sketch Challenge!



Welcome to the Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop.....you may be here after checking out Narelle Fasulo's fabulous layout on her blog.  Thanks for visiting me here today!  This month I am taking part in the latest Blog Hop which this month features a sketch challenge.  I have to tell you that I love a good sketch challenge (both for cards and for Scrapbook layouts)!  Its a fabulous starting point... and can really inspire you - especially if you are a little short on direction for a page.  The challenge of course is working out how you will use the sketch, and how you will change it to suit your layout design.  Here is the sketch we had to work with this time:



And here is my layout:



I loved the finished result so much that I used this design in my Scrapbooking class last month!  I used the Golden Honey DSP and matching Honey Bee stamps and dies to create this look.  The honeycomb look in the background is created by using the honeycomb die as a stencil and gently sponging my ink over the top.  I came together quickly and everyone in class loved it too!

Here are a couple of close ups...




The rose bush in the picture is right by our mailbox at our new house. I've always wanted a rose garden.... and now I have these!


Now on to the next blogger in our fabulous blog hop.....the amazing Sara Levin!


Click the graphic below to visit....


























Or you can choose the next name from the list below...


 I hope you love my page too.... and if this sketch inspires you I hope you'll try this beautiful design.

Linda D

7 comments:

Delys said...

Beautiful LO Linda!!!

Libby Dyson said...

A lovely layout, Linda and that DSP is great for this sketch challenge. Thanks for sharing

Sara Levin said...

That's just lovely, Linda! I love what feels like a "clean" interpretation of the sketch.

My Heirloom Treasures said...

Love everything about this LO

Sharni Haines - Australia said...

A lovely layout Linda, the bees work perfectly with the roses! I', glad you now have your little rose garden too.

Studio Shabaz - CreativeMe68 said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING... Love everything about this layout, ESP the rose <3
Thanks for joining us again this month.
Cheers Shaz

Julia said...

The beautiful golden honeycomb is stunning! And I love the splodging stamp image too! This is such a gorgeous page! And a gorgeous photo too. Love love love.