Tuesday 24 March 2020

Video Tutorial: Faux Watercolouring on Canvas



Hello friends!  What a strange time it is in our world at the moment. With so many people self-isolating and social distancing (new phrases that have been added to our vocabulary of late) several things have become apparent to me.  Firstly that although there is a lot of focus currently on looking after our health (boosting our immune systems for example), it seems that there is not a lot of focus on our mental health.   And yet, as we all try to stay safe by staying away from others and keeping to ourselves, I believe this will become a huge focus! 

And that, my friends, is where creativity and crafting come in!  Im not even kidding.... I believe that we can stave off loneliness and isolation by being part of a crafting community and keeping our creative flames alive!  If you are on Facebook can I please encourage you to head over to my FACEBOOK PAGE and become part of the conversation there.  I post regularly (usually several times a day), and I post both creative ideas and projects as well as helpful videos.  I really want this space to be an escape from all the doom and gloom that seems to be everywhere right now.  It doesnt matter whether you are a customer, or are just looking for a creative place to hang out.... I'd love to see you there.

Im also planning on posting more videos on my YouTube channel.... and today I have done that by posting this very cool technique.  Even though I've created scene building tutorials before (you'll find those on my channel), today I stepped it up a level with this cool faux canvas background.  I hope you love it!  Here's a few examples of cards made using this technique:



Click the video link below to see it and enjoy!


2 comments:

mark said...

I just love your cards. They are SO pretty! I am going to try to make something with this technique. Thank you so much for the video! Pam

Judy Gielniak said...

LOVE your video, you make it look so simple and it's BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for the tutorial Linda.