Tuesday 21 April 2020

Video Tutorial: The Blended Alcohol Background Technique





Hello friends... I have something new to share with you today.  One thing about being safe at home during a global crisis is that I've had a little extra time to play in my craft room..... and this week I "discovered" at new technique that I think you will love.  I havent seen it anywhere else.... but of course it is possible that someone has done it before. In that case, my apologies to whoever might have already created this technique.... but for me its new. And I figured that it will be new for lots of you too (if not all). 

I have called it the "Blended Alcohol background technique".  It uses Alcohol markers (I used our Blends markers) and Rubbing alcohol smooshed together on a Acetate panel, and then transferred to cardstock.  I loved the results... especially as it turns out different every time! 

To see how I did this, click the video link below.... I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think!



Enjoy the video and I'll be back with more for you soon!

Linda D

3 comments:

Karin Braxton said...

Linda, I loved your card and technique. I have done this with our ink pads and water, but I’ve never used alcohol and Blends. Great job.

Karin Braxton said...

Loved your video Linda. I’ve done this technique with our inks and water but not with Blends and alcohol. Pretty card.

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

Thanks Karin! It's a different way to use them!