Thursday 7 May 2020

Video Tutorial: How to create cool backgrounds with the Bleached Bubblewrap technique


Today I wanted to share a very cool background technique with you... Im calling it the Bleached Bubblewrap background technique, and I used it to create the background for this cool card you see above. 

For my card I also used the "Label Me Bold" stamp set (which is retiring from our current Mini Catalogue) to stamp a "grungy" edge around the panel. I used Early Espresso ink, but any brownish ink would work.  I also added a bit of silver embossing for a metallic effect.... the stamp I used for that is the larger Grungy stamp from the "Painted Poppies" set.  Painted Poppies is not retiring and it will still be available in the next Annual catalogue due out on the 3rd June.

I really hope you enjoy this technique and will try it out with lots of different colour combinations... different coloured cardstocks will give different results as shown in the following photograph:



I show you how to create the background in the video below.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Bev B said...

Great technique, do you still have the air in the bubble wrap or have they been popped??