Tuesday 6 January 2009

Embracing my Failures


Well not a failure exactly but shall we just say a card that Im not particularly happy with. Sometimes they just dont turn out the way I pictured them in my head. I borrowed the "Embrace Life" set from my friend and downline, Nerida, and this is the first card that I came up with. But I don't think it really works, certainly not the way I wanted it to anyway. Maybe I'll go away and see if I can come up with something better - I'll see what I can do.

A common misconception about being a SU demonstrator is that you need to be super-creative and very skilled when it comes to papercraft. In fact when most of us started out, we had limited skills in that area. But SU's training program and resources are great, and there is so much support available that you can always develop your skills as you go along. It's far more important to have heart, and a desire to turn your love of all things papercraft into either a hobby or a business. Anyone can do it. You should see my early card efforts!!! I look back and see how much I've improved and Im so grateful for that! ;-)

If you are thinking that you might like to find out more about being an Stampin'Up demonstrator, and receiving all the great things that goes with that, then please contact me and I will send you an information pack. Quite honestly, it's one of the best decisions I have ever made, and it's surely worth finding out more about! And at the moment there is an extra incentive - join SU before the end of February and you will also receive an additional stamp set of your choice at no extra cost. (Up to $79.95 in value!)

You can email me at higgiz@bigpond.com or call me on my mobile 0412 375 552.

Linda H
0412 375 552


PS... Don't forget there are only 2 days left to receive a free inkpad with your $100 order. Place your order with me by 7th January. (This offer is only available from myself)

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Its not that I don't like your card but I do think its not quite right...I think becasue of the dark flower in the PP. The balance looks off to me...Maybe 3 flowers instead of 1 to make the card really pop.
Jodi
(beginer card maker)

Anonymous said...

My I suggest - never put feeling in doubt in the mind of the viewer. Put the card away and come back to it and you may think - that its fine! Different to yur usual but whats the harm in that??
I do really like the flower card your daughter made - how much fun that must have been.

Amber said...

It really bugs me when I finish a card and it "just doesn't seem right"