Monday 12 September 2016

Memory Keeping with Project Life by Stampin'Up September Blog Share








Welcome to this month's blog share with the design team from MKPLSU!   This month the "theme" was not really a theme... we got to pick a favourite kit, and use it to create a Project Life spread to show off.  Sounds simple right? But how do you pick which kit to use when you love them all???



So I picked my favourite kit right now when it comes to sunny, outdoorsy photos... its the "Hello Lovely" kit from our current Stampin'Up Annual Catalogue. I love the fact that the colours and designs in this kit are perfect for outdoor photos... lots of blues and greens, and neutral colours too.  So for me it's an obvious choice when I want to Project Life with holiday snaps or pics of days out and about.




This double page spread shows off photos from our Stampin'Up trip to Europe earlier this year... more specifically, our day walking the streets of Cannes, France.  Such perfect weather... lots of sun, not too hot and we spent wonderful time with friends, having a very french experience.  I had not given a lot of thought as to what Cannes might be like... I had imagined movie stars, yachts and expensive boutiques, but we explored the older part of the city, the markets and cute little side streets and it was everything I had imagined Europe to be!



I've dressed up my pages with the "Hello Lovely" accessory kit.... i used components of the kit to add interest and a bit of fun to my pages....


In the above pic you can see some of the items I've added from the Hello Lovely Accessory pack... I sponged around my cards with black ink, I added a "Hello Lovely" stamp, and added some black and white Washi tape... also from the kit. 


This picture of our boat waiting offshore is a favourite.. what a great reminder of how we got to France!  But I decided to chop the photo in half and use it across 2 3"x4" pockets... I love how this helps to accentuate the photo itself. And nothing is lost from the photo in doing this!  I used one of the accessory kit stickers across the join to help unify the picture overall.


Here I wanted to use a photo that I liked but there was some unwanted area (a drain and litter) on the right of the photo... so I simply covered that up with part of one of the cards, and added some washi and a wooden accent from the kit. 


I also videoed some of this process so if you would like to see some tips on using the accessory packs and the card kits you might like to click on the video link below.



Below you will find the names of all the talented crafters who are part of this fun blog share... click each one to see what creations they have come up with this month... and don't forget we'll be doing it all again next month with a different theme!  Enjoy!



Julie Kettlewell

Constanze Wirtz

Tina Gillespie

Anna Pickering

Sandra Korten

Delys Cram

Elizabeth Richards Peterson

Alison Okamitsu
SaveSave

3 comments:

Deli said...

Brilliant Linda, love your pages xox

Scrappy Z said...

Love the ideas for using my Project Life cards - sponged edges, covering up unwanted bits with accessories, and splitting a picture to accent something! Thanks!

Sandra Korten said...

Just love the pages and enjoyed your video very much! :)

xx
Sandra :)