Tuesday 16 May 2017

Video Tutorial - The Shaving Cream Galaxy Technique




Last week I held my monthly technique classes, and this month's technique was the Shaving Cream technique. This lovely background technique has been around for years, but I realised I had never done it as a class, so this time we did. Everyone loved the results, and it was a lot of fun.  Here's one of our projects..





I had put aside one of the plates of inked shaving cream aside to use later, and actually forgotten all about it.  That's when my hubby came up with a suggestion which I tried.... and it worked!  Here I am practicing with lots of samples to try to get it right....



More details are of course on the video tutorial below.  If you are after a very cool but imprecise technique this one is a lot of fun. The only downside really is that its not a quick technique.... so you'll need to be a little bit patient!

Here's a close up of the galaxy background....



If you would like to know how its done, here is the video tutorial below.  Please hop onto my Youtube channel and subscribe for more tutorials and ideas.  I love making them!  Enjoy! x




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MIne did this as well, between one class and another before I had a chance to clean up. Mine did not make sparkles so I wonder if that is a brand thing "Gillette" I used Barbasol. Either way it was beautiful.

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

Hi Robin.... thats useful info. It could well be a brand thing. Glad yours worked out too!