Thursday 26 October 2017

Snowy Christmas Diorama card



Tonight I had my Christmas stamp club group in my studio and we made these cute Diorama cards.  As you might know, Diorama Cards are one of my favourite card types, and I make them quite a lot!  In fact I've previously made 2 video tutorials to show how they are made... and you can find the links to those HERE and HERE.

For today's card I used the Hometown Greetings dies for my snowy scene at the back of the card... and I also featured the gorgeous "star swirl" stamp from the "Star of Light" stamp set (I heat embossed it in white).  The silver glimmer trees are cut with dies from the "Card Front Builder" dies, and the window shapes are cut with the "Lots of Labels" framelits.  So there is quite a bit of Bigshot action on this card.

Apart from the Big Shot dies though, this card is quite simple to put together... not nearly as hard as it might look. If you would like to have a go, definitely watch one of the previously mentioned video tutorials.

And if you are around on the weekend of the 3rd - 5th November, you might like to head out to the Penrith Papercraft Festival.  I'll be there with some of my demonstrator friends on the Stampin'Up stand.  Im also going to be doing some Live Presentations on stage each day... and guess what I'm going to be presenting.... yep..... Diorama Cards!  So if you'd like to see me make these, definitely plan on being there for my presentations.....Im on at 11am each day.

And if you cant make it to Penrith, and cant make it to class... definitely check out the Youtube channel for lots of inspiration!

No comments: