Sunday 26 January 2020

Video Tutorial: Honey Bee card inspiration


Do you ever find inspiration in unexpected places?  I do!  Im a little bit embarrassed to admit my inspiration for this card... you might think me a bit crazy for this one!

I was driving home on the freeway from a card workshop on Friday, and happened to look in my rear vision mirror.  Behind me was a Volvo, and something about the front grate caught my eye.  Suddenly I was planning out a card design based loosely on what I had seen.  Can you kinda see the resemblance??


Of course if I had used a circle for my central motif that would have been even closer. But I chose a square in this case.  Inspiration is wherever you find it right??

Here's the inside of my card.. just simply stamped:



Anyhoo.... thats how this card idea came to be!  Im pretty happy with the result.  Every card I have made with this Honey Bee bundle has made my heart happy! Its such an easy set to use.  If you are looking for a great set that works for lots of different occasions, then Honey Bee might just be your go-to set too!

I've edited this post to add a video Tutorial to show you how I made this card.  I hope you love it! Click the pic below to view it....



The gold and black paper is a free SAB item, available as a gift-with-purchase when you place a $90 order.  The whole bundle (stamps and dies) is only $72.  I also used Memento Black ink to stamp my bees and a Mango Melody blend to colour in my stripes.  I've included a full product list below to help you if you wish to purchase any of these items for yourself.  Hit the SHOP NOW button on this page to go shopping! Items are shipped directly to you, anywhere in Australia.

Oh... and to all my fellow Australians... Happy Australia Day today!

Linda D



Product List

No comments: