Wednesday 14 July 2021

Video Tutorial: Joy Fold card with the gorgeous Sweet Symmetry DSP






 


Hello Friends!

I hope you are all well!  We are currently on week 3 of the latest Lockdown, and doing whatever we can to get through it sane and healthy!  I am so glad to have a wonderful Papercraft hobby that I can fall back on in times like this!  I hope wherever you are located that things are on the up in your part of the world.... and if you are locked down like me.... let's look after ourselves so that we come out the other end intact!

On my Youtube Live video on Sunday night I made this cool Joy Fold card. This type of fold has been around for years, but it was fun to drag it out again and use it with some of our gorgeous new DSP designs.  In this case I have used the "Sweet Symmetry" DSP pack... dont these colours look cool together?!



Here are the metric measurements for my card:

1. Cut a piece of A4 paper in half vertically so that it is 10.5cm wide (the A4 length is 29.7CM) This will give you two card bases if you want to make more than one card.  Score or fold at the half way point. 

2. Now flatten card base out again and cut the length to 25.4cm. Your fold will no longer be in the centre. 

3. Cut smaller piece of cardstock to 20cm x 7.5cm, fold in half. 

4. DSP measurements: 1. 10cm x 10cm

                                    2. 13.9cm x 9.5cm

                                    3. 9.5cm x 7cm

5. White pieces: 9.5cm x 7cm (cut 2)

6. Cut label for front of card (I used a shape from the Painted Labels dies)


I hope that's helpful!

Click the link below to watch the card made on my YouTube live video on Sunday night!



Enjoy!


Linda D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Linda I am from Florida USA and I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your videos. I can’t show my support by purchasing so I really needed you to know that I appreciate you. I’m sorry you are in lockdown. I know your videos are helping a lot of people get through this trying time. My prayers are with you all. Trish