Tuesday 20 May 2008

Thank you for a Fabulous night!

I want to publicly thank all you lovely girls who attended our Idea Book and Catalogue Evening last night. Everyone has reported that they had a lovely time. In the end there were 4 of us demonstrators each with their own table of ladies. We each did our own 4 projects (including making their own name cards for the table so we all knew each other's names). Unfortunately I had a croaky throat and could barely call out instructions, but my table of girls seemed to manage very well regardless. I thought the projects looked fantastic :) I had to get the other girls to call out the names of the prize winners (because no-one could hear me!), but lots of prizes were won, and the grand prize went to Betty (who was on Penny's table). Congratulations Betty! We just caught her out in the driveway as she was on her way home!

I had a great night, and want to thank you all for coming. We'll do another one down the track for sure! And thanks especially to our wonderful team of Demonstrators... Kerry, Alex and Penny who did a fabulous job and helped to make everything go so smoothly. I love working with you guys!

I thought you might like to see one of the projects we made. Here we go....






Copyright 1990-2008 Stampin’ Up!



This card uses the Outlaw Designer Series Paper (double-sided) and I made the PaperClip embellishment with the Round Scallop punch and Circle Punches. The stamps are the Lovely Labels set, plus Sweet Sampler to make the dotty background. You could put almost anything in the pocket as a gift... a ticket, money, voucher, a note, money... It's always nicer to give a gift in a nice package dont you think?

Finally, dont forget that I am still running the sketch challenge until the end of the month. I've received a couple of entries by email and wanted to say how impressed I am... there is so much talent out there! Keep them coming guys... I just love seeing your cards.

And for anyone who is wondering... I actually have no voice whatsoever this morning! I cant even answer the phone!!!! Dont worry, Im sure it will come back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything went well Linda......love the yummy pocket too! Hope your voice returns soon though.....take care and rest up.

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU Linda for a fab night! it was freezing cold outside but very warm inside making the great projects you had prepared for us,lots of laughs around the table - thanks to Alex and Penny too.