Friday 9 March 2018

Getting Ready for Easter 2018 with the "We must Celebrate" stamp set


Easter is coming up at the end of this month, and we have a couple of Easter-friendly sets in our current catalogues.  But the set I used today... "We Must Celebrate".... is actually not really designed as an Easter set... instead its more of a "From all of us" kind of set, to be used for a variety of occasions.

But when I saw that bunny on the end of the line-up of critters, I knew he would be perfect for Easter!  So even though it is one stamp with the animals together I did this to it:


Yep, I performed Stamp Surgery on him!  I can still stamp them altogether if I want to... but for this card I just wanted the bunny, and I think you will agree... he works pretty well on his own!

Firstly I folded a piece of Powder Pink cardstock in half to make my card base.  I used a 1&3/4" circle punch to punch a circle in the corner of the front of the card.

I stamped my bunny in Memento Black ink on Shimmery White cardstock first and then punched him out with the 2" circle punch... but I didnt punch him completely.  I wanted him "peeking" through the window so I punched him a little off the edge:


Then I coloured him with my Stampin' Blends.  Once coloured, I adhered him to the inside of my Powder Pink card base... directly behind the circle that I punched earlier... so you can see him peeking through the circle.  I then created a "frame" for my circle by using my 1&3/4" circle punch to cut a circle from Silver Glimmer paper.  Discard the circle and then go back to the glimmer paper and punch with the larger 2" circle punch around the hole you just made in the Glimmer paper.  You will now have a frame.  I've made a quick little video to show you how to do this:



To finish off the card I used a strip of the Powder Pink design in the Fresh Florals DSP stack we currently have available in our Annual Catalogue. I also used the Decorative Ribbon Border punch to make a white scalloped edge along the strip of DSP.

The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp set.  I've stamped it on Shimmery White cardstock and cut it out with the smallest oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelit set. (Still my favourite framelits ever!)

I've included a product list below should you wish to purchase any of these items for yourself.  The stamp set is excellent value as you can see, and will lend itself to lots of different occasions and designs.  Ordering here through my Online Store is awesome because items are sent to you anywhere in Australia for a low postage charge.   Any questions?  Just ask! And don't forget if your order amount reaches $90 you get something for free from our Sale-A-Bration catalogue... and there are some lovely things to choose from!

But don't forget SAB only runs until the 31st March!

See you soon

Linda D



Product List

No comments: