Wednesday 21 November 2007

Spotlight on Christmas




Images Copyright 1990-2007 Stampin’ Up!

Recently I told you all about two Papercrafting nights that I was holding at my home. Last week we had a full class of 7 lovely ladies who made the Photo Wallet together... and everyone did such a great job. Last night I held a Christmas card-making night here and we had 5 enthusiastic card makers come who made 6 great cards. The cards varied so much, even though we all started with the same basic design and supplies. The card above is one of the cards that we made last night... it showcases the "Spotlighting" technique. I was inspired to make this card after seeing a spotlight card made by someone at SU regional training at Darling Harbour last week. My design is a bit different to theirs, and I've used different colours too. I dont remember the name of the person who made the original card, but I wanted to thank whoever it was that gave me this great idea! :) If you are out there and reading this, please make yourself known to me so that I can thank you personally!
Two of the girls who came last night were also there the previous week and brought the photo wallets that they have made since our class... they were so different and it always amazes me how different people interpret the same ideas in a completely different way. That's one of the things I love most about this craft! The photo wallets are beautiful guys, and Im sure that the people you are giving them to will love them!
After the success of the recent nights I am thinking that I really do need to run these on a regular basis... what do you think guys? Any takers?
Have a lovely day and I'll see you next post!

No comments: