Thursday 28 August 2008

Palm Cove Day 2




After a very relaxing night's sleep (with no little people clambering over us at 6am) I decided to get up and go for a walk on the beach. My brand new Hoodie was perfect for a beach stroll. I got some cool pictures too:









This is the Angsana resort's Far Horizons restaurant - where we had breakfast on Day 2... I LOVE buffet style breakfasts at ritzy hotels!


And then on to the Scenic Rail trip to Kuranda:








The train trip was awesome (that's me and Ness sipping our complimentary OJs and chatting up a storm). The train takes about 1 hour 45 minutes to get to the beautiful little town of Kuranda. Here's Greg and me just after we got there:





In Kuranda we just wandered around the village and shopped and ate etc etc. The pub where we had lunch did a fantastic guinness pot pie which I can recommend.


We caught the skyrail back to the coast which was absolutely spectacular. We stopped off along the way to see the sights, and it was loads of fun.






We arrived back at the resort late afternoon and decided to make the most of the Jacuzzi... here we are:







You can see Craig and CHeryl, Naomi, Ness and Simon and Tim and Sarah. It was great. We followed it up by all going out together for Thai as we didnt have anything officially scheduled ... and the food was so good that I forgot to take a photo.. silly me. But it was a great night out. We were all worn out after that and headed off to bed.

I have to say that one of the best things about this holiday was not having to organize anything much at all... it was all done for us.

Ooooh, almost forgot to say.... when we got home from the day out there was another package awaiting us... this time it was a DVD full of Workshop WOWs. In other words it has lots of new ideas and techniques for us to try. I cant wait to try some of them... and those of you in my team will get to see some of them at team training too. :-) It was such a thoughtful gift... we are so lucky to have access to such great resources.


I'll post day 3 soon guys.

No comments: