Thursday 16 December 2010

Christmas Penguin



I found this cute penguin design on Splitcoast Stamper (I need to credit Megan with the design, but I dont know her surname.. so sorry!) I tweaked it a little to make him a bit Christmassy by adding the "Do not Open" stamp from the Winter Post set, and popped it up on Dimensionals so that I could add a candy cane. Sure it doesnt fit in a regular envelope for posting purposes, but there are times when a little extra postage is warranted don't you think??? This one is for extra special people!

I have never done much in the way of punch art, but I really enjoyed making him... in fact we made these at Stamp Club this week. (The last one of the year!) He is actually a combination of punch art and Big Shot art... I used the top note die for his main shape. Easy, and really effective!

Want a cute penguin like this for your own? Leave a comment on my blog this week and I will put all the entries in a draw and send a penguin card out to one lucky winner. You can be anywhere in the world to enter. Check back here after Sunday 19th December to see if you have won. (Dont forget that I am working on Australian time and date)

Hope everyone is enjoying the lead up to Christmas and you are remembering to take out some time for yourself!

Linda xx

2 comments:

Jess S said...

This is adorable! I think I need to make one for my little sister, she loves penguins!

sharon said...

Merry Christmas Linda, I hope you have some special time with the cherubs and a bit of a break!!
Take care, Sharon xxxxxx