Saturday 15 January 2022

Video Tutorial: Painting with White Ink

 


Hello friends.  This week I played with this beautiful stamp set called "Calming Camellia".  Its one of our Sale-A-Bration options available at the moment as a Host Gift.  In Australia, the qualifying amount to obtain the set is $500.  


As soon as I saw this set I knew it would be perfect for painting with White Ink. As many of your would know, I have a love affair with White Craft ink (pigment ink) and it is useful for SOOOO many different techniques. Many of these I have previously done on my YouTube Channel.  For example the "White washing" technique is one of my most popular videos, and you can watch that one HERE


I also made up some samples in other colours to show you how this looks in different colour ways:



From left to right we have:

  • Night of Navy ink on Crumb Cake cardstock
  • Night of Navy ink on Misty Moonlight Cardstock
  • Evening Evergreen ink on Soft Succulent cardstock
  • Melon Mambo ink on Flirty Flamingo cardstock
  • Gorgeous Grape ink on Highland Heather cardstock


This truly is a very simple card. I stamped the image with Night of Navy ink, and then "painted" my flowers with White ink applied with a blender pen. I did this card (by request) on my Live video last night if you would like to see me make it.  BUT I had some sound issues at the start of the video, so to skip over that bit go to the 5:30min mark and you will find it easier to listen to! 


Here is the video:



No comments: