Sunday 11 September 2022

US Trip Recap.....



 Im back! Did you miss me!?  

After 2 and a half weeks in the US I am finally home. 

We started our trip with Paul's brother and Sister in law in Mississippi... it was good to have a few days to adjust to the time zone and start to feel "normal".  They live about an hour from New Orleans. 

I then headed to in to New Orleans for the Stampin'Up Backstage conference.... and I have to tell you that it was completely AMAZING! 3 days of awesomeness is hard to talk about in a way that does it justice... so instead I am going to share some of my favourite pictures with you....




Our Gang of girls at the Hotel. Zahra, Susan, Jaimie, myself and Robyn


I finally got to meet Susan in real life!  She was the best roommate ever! 



Some of the Australian contingent (plus Susan!)

The conference itself was amazing - so many great things to learn and understand

Our leader Sara helping us learn some awesome thing. I hope to become a better leader by attending these kinds of events. 

Swaps! 



And then we moved to to Michigan. For those that don't know, my husband is from there and he has not had the opportunity to go home for 4 years! (Stupid Covid!)  So grateful to be able to tack this part of the trip on to the conference.   Here are a few of my favourite photos from Michigan:


Paul's family home

We saw SO MANY fawns!

The Hollyhocks were out

Paul and I at Inspiration Point!

Lake Michigan - can you believe that is all fresh water!

The amazing Mackinac Bridge (pronounced Mack-In-aw) that joins Mainland Michigan to the Upper Peninsula - it's 5 miles across!

Male Cardinal on the bird feeder

Watching the sun go down across the Pickford fields

Gorgeous pine tree

We went on a Soo Locks Boat tour... the Locks are amazing! There is a 25 foot difference between Lake Superior and Lake Huron - so the locks were built to allow boats to pass through. 

Beautiful sunset sky

Paul's sisters house with her beautiful garden


Manistee's beautiful "Tunnel of Trees"

Coming home


Thats a quick recap of my trip in pictures!

I am now back to doing live videos each Friday and Sunday evening... so I hope I will get to see you tonight!  

Thanks for sharing this journey with me!

Linda D


1 comment:

Susan Campfield said...

It was so wonderful to get to meet you in real life! The conference was amazing and you are the best roommate ever too! ❤️ you bunches!