Monday 23 October 2023

Our October CraftAlong is coming up - and Im on a mission!


Our monthly CraftAlong event is coming up this Saturday the 28th October and you're invited! 

CraftAlong is something I've been doing for well over a year now, and its purpose to create a fun and safe space for us all to create a project together. I do a live video that anyone can watch, and you can watch whilst I make the chosen project each month... or if you wish you can craft along with me!  I find that many people like to just watch the first time, and then later they come back and make the project on the second watch. 

Each month I choose a different theme, and this month, as it is October, I have chosen to feature a "Breast Cancer Awareness" theme.  So you'll be seeing a lot of pink and you'll see me talking about Breast Cancer research and how important it is that we keep this in mind.  



So if you are free, I would love you to watch our video next Saturday, 28th October @ 2pm (Sydney time). Or you are welcome to watch the replay!  Here is the link to the video:


Also I am going to be donating to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) as follows:

  • 10% of all orders received from now until the end of this month. 
  • $5 for every tutorial pdfs sold (Tutorial pdfs are $15 each, and will be available after the public CraftAlong event)

For those that placed orders over $60 with me last month (September) I have mailed each of you a supply pack for the items you will need to make your card. They should arrive in the next couple of days. 


If you did not receive a supply pack then I have listed some items below that you will need to make the project:

  • Basic White for cardbase (preferably thick) measured to 21cm x 14.8cm
  • Bubble Bath cardstock measured to 10cm x 14.3cm
  • A piece of pink and white DSP (I used a piece from the Delightfully Eclectic DSP)
  • 4 Strips of Silver Glimmer paper paper measured to approximately 7mm (1/4") wide x 10cm long
  • 1 scrap of Silver Snowflake Magic DSP to cut 2" square.  You could also use silver foil or even pink or white cardstock
  • 1 scrap of Basic White to cut small banner for sentiment
  • 14cm length of Bubble Bath ribbon
  • Embellishments of choice. I used the Berry Burst sequins from the Sequin trio pack
Of course you are welcome to substitute any items as necessary. 

I used the Stylish Shapes dies (the square and the banner)

I stamped my sentiment with Berry Burst ink but you can use any pink of your choice

As for sentiments this is up to you but suggestions would include "Thinking of you", "You're in my thoughts" or something simple like "For you".  I used the "Thinking of you" from the Season of Chic stamp set. 


I know you will love this project and Im really looking forward to making it with you! 

See you then!

Linda D

No comments: