Friday 13 June 2014

Designing for my Retirement workshops this month with Beautiful Wings and Quatrefancy DSP



So right now we are in "Retirement month"… in Stampin'Up terms this means we are currently preparing for our gorgeous new releases due next month by saying goodbye to lots of products from our current (but about to end) catalogue. Not everything will go, but its definitely worth looking through the retiring lists to make sure that some of the items on your wish lists are not about to be discontinued.

I have a few upcoming workshops (or "parties") and have been thinking about what I can create for these. I want to use some of the retiring products, but not rely on them completely. Sometimes some of the products sell out before the end of the month, and I prefer to create with products that my customers can still actually buy, if they wish to do so.

So this is one version of a card I am thinking of doing at my workshops. (I have another in my head, but haven't created it to show you just yet).  This one is very simply done with 2 colours - Strawberry Slush and Crisp Cantaloupe, and the card base is Naturals White. I cut 2 butterflies with my Beautiful Wings die (retiring).. one from the acetate in the Quatrefancy DSP pack (also retiring), and the other from Silver glimmer paper. The button embellishment is Crisp Cantaloupe, and retiring too. The designer Lace tape is retiring, and so is the "Oh Hello" stamp set. This was a simple enough card… good for newbies who are learning about paper craft, but you could always step it up for more advanced paper crafters.

Hope you enjoy it, and I'll be back with more soon.

Linda


1 comment:

Stevie Hanna said...

Cute! You sound busy but love what you do ...awesome!