Monday 12 August 2019

The Pressed Petals Specialty Paper is perfect for Vintage-style cards


Happy Monday!

This past weekend I cracked open my pack of Pressed Petals Specialty DSP and WOW!  Its so pretty!  If you are wondering what makes this paper so special its actually a couple of things... yes, its beeautifully detailed, and has lots of Vintage-inspired designs.  Its a lighter weight paper, perfect for all kinds of projects.  But the best thing?  Its double the size of the normal packs! So instead of 12 sheets in a pack, you get 24!!!  This makes it EXCELLENT value!  There are 6 different designs (front and back), and you get 4 full 12' x 12" sheets of each design!

There's also a good variety of colour.  The main colours seem to be the pinky/purply shades, but here on my card today I chose the Navy/Crumb cake combo. Its a very simple card.... I let the paper do most of the work, and just added a few details.   A yellow circle behind the sentiment to bring out the flower centres.  I embossed my sentiment with White embossing powder on Navy cardstock to make it stand out. I added some leaves cut from Gold glimmer paper, and added a little lace ribbon for that extra Vintage touch.  And thats pretty much it!  But I think you will agree its a lovely card. With that paper.. its hard to go wrong!

Here's a close up:



I've included my product list below so that you can shop for any of these (or other) items if you wish.  If you click on a product it takes you directly to my Online Store.  Have a wonderful week!

Linda D

ps If you would like to see me making some awesome projects live, be on my Facebook page at 8pm  (AEST) Monday nights to watch!


Product List

Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

1 comment:

Penny L. said...

very pretty card! I love how you let the pretty paper be showcased and your extra touches just made it shine! I don't see, though, what you used for the leaves? a die, or a punch? regardless, it's lovely!