Monday 17 October 2022

Join us for our October CraftAlong Event this Saturday (22nd). Let's make a Fun Fold card together!

 


Hello friends and welcome! 

This coming Saturday, 22nd October, we have our next CraftAlong event coming up.  I'll be getting started at 2pm (Sydney time) and you are welcome to watch as we make a fun craft project.  You can craft along with me (as the name suggests) or you can just watch. Or if you are are not available at that time you can also watch the replay. 

Here is the link to the YouTube video: (Just click at the appropriate time)

https://youtu.be/3IOn1xQlXnY

Last month I did a survey in my Private VIP group on Facebook and asked what kinds of themes you would like to see at future CraftAlong events. The top answer? Fun fold cards! So this time we are doing a fun type of card - Easel cards.  There are so many types of Easel cards - I have chosen a bunch of them to showcase for you, but the main one we will be making on the day is a Calendar easel card. Its actually very simple to create but you will love it... and it makes a fabulous gift.  

Those people that ordered over $60 with me in September are receiving a supply pack to make the project with everything you need to make it just like mine. But don't worry if you don't have the supply pack.. you can still make the project with items you have at home. However I have put together a list of items that I have used... substitute with your own items as needed. 

For the project I created here are the items used:

Balmy Blue Cardstock (Card base measures 28cm x 10.5cm.  You will also need an additional piece that measures 13.5cm x 10.5cm)

Awash in Beauty DSP - 1 piece that measures 10cm x 13.5cm. A second piece that measures 9.5cm x 12.5cm)

I also die-cut several flower and leaf shapes from the DSP as the dies match some of the images on the paper. I used one larger flower and 2 smaller flowers - and some leaves.  This photo shows the ones I used:



(And also give you a sneak peek of the project!)

Basic White Cardstock - 1 label piece for your sentiment. I used the Scalloped Contour dies.  Additionally cut the large lattice die from the Organic Beauty Dies.  I also made this cut with an Adhesive sheet attached - I will show how to do this on the live tutorial

Polished Pink Cardstock - 1 piece that measures 8cm x 8cm.  I also cut a larger Scalloped rectangle from the Scalloped contour dies for the front of my easel

Silver Foil - die cut a leaf shape from the Organic Beauty Dies

You will need a sentiment of your choice to fit on the label.  I stamped this sentiment in Polished Pink ink but you could choose any colour that co-ordinates with your DSP colours. 

Adhesives - Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Tombow Multi-purpose glue, Adhesive sheets

Additional:  Post-it notes (7.5cm x 7.5cm which is 3" x 3") and a 2023 tab calendar (I bought mine online via ebay)


I am so looking forward to making this project with you... and I know you will love it too!

See you soon!


Linda D



 



No comments: