Thursday 22 June 2023

Our June CraftAlong is coming up! Let's make Pocket cards together!

 


It's almost time for the June CraftAlong event!  We will be making a gorgeous project together next Wednesday 28th June, at 2pm (Sydney Time), and you're invited! 

CraftAlong is a monthly live video that I do where we make a project together. Some months we feature a technique, and sometimes we feature a style of card. This month we are making Pocket cards!  We will make a very simple pocket card in the live video, and I will show you some variations to step it up.  I'll also be showing some different styles of pocket cards that you can create. 

Additionally if you ordered at least $60 worth of products with me last month (May) then you will also be receiving the supply pack to make the project.  Some people like to craft along, and others prefer to watch (and maybe craft later).  I also have several other videos which are part of the class, and these will be sent out to those that ordered last month, and to my team. 

If you do not have the supply pack to make the project then I thought it might be helpful for me to list here the items I will be using so you can prepare them yourself. If you do not have the exact products, that is completely fine - you can substitute with similar items. 

Here are the items you will need:

  • Pool Party cardstock - cut to 28cm x 10.5cm, and scored at 14cm, and 25cm on the long side
  • Basic White Cardstock  - cut to 10.5cm x 4cm, plus 1 more piece cut to 8cm x 12.3cm
  • Lost Lagoon Cardstock - cut to 8.5cm x 12.8cm, Plus scrap to punch leaf shape
  • Co-ordinating DSP (I used the Inked Botanicals DSP) - cut to 10cm x 7.6cm 
  • Gold Dazzle paper  - a scrap to cut a small leaf
  • Linen Thread approx 15-20cm in length
  • Embellishments - I used the new sequin Trio in Pretty Peacock. 
  • Pool Party Ink
  • Lost Lagoon ink (or Pretty Peacock)
  • Co-ordinating ribbon (I used Lost Lagoon Bordered Ribbon)

Tools if available: 

  • Very Best Trio Punch
  • Bough Punch
  • Inked & Tiled Punch pack
  • Elegant Border dies

This list should give everyone what they need to create the project with me next Wednesday.  If you dont have the tools I have named I will offer alternatives during my video that you can use instead. 

Here is the link to the video - you'll be able to click to watch next Wednesday at 2pm. 

https://youtube.com/live/cGHAWpIaB8U


I am really looking forward to creating with you all!  See you there!


Linda D



No comments: