Wednesday 30 May 2018

Sneak Peek: Rooted in Nature and Introducing a NEW colour!



Today I wanted to show you the very first card I made (yesterday) with the about-to-be-released new stamp set called "Rooted in Nature".   This set reminds me a little of "Lovely as a Tree", but its a set that includes even more trees, leaves and some beautiful sentiments. Not only that but there is a matching set of gorgeous framelits, and it will be offered as a bundle in our upcoming new catalogue.  So many gorgeous things coming your way! Im excited and I hope you are too!

I started off with stamping my tree in Early Espresso ink on a thin piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, and then I used my sponge brayers to colour the sky behind it.... the colours I used are Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and a new colour... Highland Heather!  I added a sentiment in Early Espresso below, and tied a little linen thread around the piece.

Then I tried to find the right coloured cardstock for my base. This proved a little challenging... as I originally thought to use Crumb Cake, but the overall effect was too yellowish.  I tried Sahara Sand... it was better, but still not quite right.  Then I tried the new "Gray Granite".... BAM.... just right!  I didnt realise until I tried it on this card that this gorgeous neutral has a slight mauve undertone to it... and it was perfect for this card.

Lastly I wanted to add one of our new Leaves Trinkets as an embellishment.... and quite a family discussion ensued as to which colour to use.  Should it be silver (my daughter thought so), or should it be copper (my husband voted for this).  I liked both to be honest.  But when I took the photograph under a light, the copper stood out better so I went with that.



I hope you enjoy my little card today... Im sure you will be seeing a lot more of this gorgeous set.... available June 1st!

Linda D

PS Dont forget to check the retirement list one last time to see if you need anything before its gone! Click the SHOP NOW button above to check out the "Last Chance Items".

No comments: