Tuesday 14 August 2018

Video Tutorial - my 3d swaps for Alaska... Elegant Treat boxes


Today I have a little video tutorial to showcase how I made these cute little treat boxes!  These boxes were my swaps for the recent Alaska Cruise with Stampin'Up... I filled them up with chocolate hearts wrapped in silver foil, and they looked super cute!  I hope the girls that received them loved them!

I first got the idea for these when I received the botanical tags framelits... straightaway I wondered whether they would fit the clear tiny treat boxes.  And yes they do... they are designed to be toppers for 2" wide tags, but the boxes also have 2" walls, so they fit them perfectly too.

When I started working on these I had a friend help me, and we had a production line going:






Then I took them with me overseas, but not assembled, so that I could put them together on the boat:


My hubby and I put them together in our cabin on the first afternoon on board.



Here I am delivering them to Stampin'Up to hand out to 25 of the other demonstrators... our meeting place was called "Stampers Base Camp" and we had a lot of fun catching up with other demonstrators there.

But the best bit about these little boxes is that they are easy to make so that you can make them too!  There is no stamping or special technique involved, you just need the Botanical Tags dies and your Big Shot die cutting machine, as well as the Clear Tiny Treat boxes and some cardstock in the colour of your choice.  I hope you enjoy them!

Here is the video:


No comments: