Saturday 13 October 2018

Clean and simply stamped Scrapbook Layout



I was actually a scrapbooker before I ever made a card!  I fell in love with scrapbooking when my first child was only about a year old. I was recovering from Post Natal Depression and it was suggested to me that it would be good to find a hobby... something creative to occupy myself with.  As many of you would know having your first bubby is sometimes a trying time, and crafting with other Mums is cathartic in so many ways!

Fast forward to several years later and I had a second child who was almost a year old... thats when I discovered Stampin'Up!  I loved it as soon as I saw it... the products were high quality and I loved the whole co-ordination thing that Stampin'Up does so well.  No more having to scour craft shops to find the right shade to match a page... it was already right there with Stampin'Up. Plus, I thought maybe I could make enough money to cover my scrapbook habit, which was considerable.  I didnt want to be taking money out of the family budget.  So I joined as a demonstrator to get my own supplies at a discount AND to make a bit of extra money.  I promised I would earn back the price of the demonstrator kit.

Which happened within the first month! I was stunned.... but I was having so much fun with it, I just decided to run with it and see what happened.

12 years, 11 incentive trips, hundreds of awesome friends and a ton of fun later, here I am!  My little decision to join Stampin'Up ended up changing my life!

I still scrapbook (as you can see) as well as make all kinds of papery projects.... all of which I enjoy and still provides me with that creative outlet I wanted from the start.  I have never regretted my decision, and if you are reading this, then you will know that I LOVE what I do! I cant imagine doing anything else!


The page above today is one I created for my bi-monthly Scrapbooking Class in the Hunter Valley.  I used one of the lovely stamp sets in our Holiday catalogue (Beautiful Blizzard) to create a backdrop of my photo, and also added in the "Love you to Pieces" bundle, which is perfect for romantic pages or for any page all about love.  My ladies loved it, and changed the colours to suit their photos where necessary.  Even though Beautiful Blizzard was created with a snowy theme in mind, I think it works well for all kinds of occasions.



I hope you love it too!

Linda D x

ps If you would like any further info about becoming a Demonstrator in Australia yourself, contact me or click the "Join my Team" button above.


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$159.00

2 comments:

janetgallion@gmail.com said...

Very attractive and creative memory page. Just got this set, loving it.

janetgallion@gmail.com said...

Love your memory keeping page. Very creative and love the layout. Just bought this set, thanks for the ideas.